Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Ain't no party like a Vegas party...

I just got back from Las Vegas, where I attended the WPPI convention - what an amazing time! Not only did I get to meet and learn from photographers whose work I admire, especially Cliff Mautner and Mike Colon...but I was also fortunate to get to know a lot of friendly, talented photographers from all over the country (not a shock since Wedding Photographers are all so out-going and personable!).

Extracirricular events included Cirque's show Love - which was phenomenal, exploring all the strange and wonderful attractions (the lions at MGM Grand...the fountains at The Bellagio...the volcano at The Mirage) enjoying many, many delicious meals (my favorite was Emeril's Delmonico Steakhouse ), and of course, snapping some photos (some of which are below in the VEGAS montage!).

My favorite quote from the trip: As I was leaning over the railing one night in front of The Bellagio taking photos, my friend Alex overheard a woman say non-chalantly to her friend, "Is she throwing up?"

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hi Heather!

It really was an amazing trip wasn't it! I met you at Gary Fong's table and we both have the same branding ideas! (Satisfaction baby!) Anyways.. I would love to connect sometime.. Seems like great minds think alike! I love your home page! - jessica

www.jessicahillphotography.com