Sunday, December 12, 2010

United States Marine Corps Birthday Ball :: Celebrating!

I photographed my first Marine Corps Birthday Ball four years ago. Each year I return I'm excited to see the familiar faces, the couples dressed to impress and filled with excitement, to be able to experience the ceremony and cake cutting, to see the guest speaker inspire the crowd, and to hear the enthusiastic shouts of "Ooh-rah" throughout the night.

While I do photograph the ceremony, my main purpose on the big night is formal portraits. And although it's a bit different from what I usually do, it gives me the opportunity to capture a special, meaningful and timeless portrait of Marines with their spouses, parents and loved ones. And, in a few rare instances, we get something totally unexpected and fun - like these:






No comments: